We are always looking for website submissions! Want to give a summarize of an interesting paper you’ve read? Have a paper for a former class you are particularly proud of? Took a great picture at one of our events? Want to make a video explaining why you like Psi Chi and Psychology Club? Any of these can be submitted for points (if the submission is accepted). Please follow these sign up instructions to get the ball rolling.
- We do not accept submissions of papers that were submitted for a class you are currently enrolled in, unless the professor gives written permission to do so.
- Pictures of other students must have written permission from those in the picture.
- If writing a summary of a paper you’ve read, please include a link to the abstract. If you’re not sure how to do so, or want to know how to prevent plagiary, these are some good guidelines. While this may seem like a lot of work, it helps to develop good writing skills, which will help you with classes.
The Sleep and Anxiety Center of Houston at the University of Houston, under the direction of Dr. Candice Alfano, is now accepting applications from undergraduate students who will be in their Junior or Senior year and are interested in gaining research experience.
Responsibilities will include: recruitment phone calls/emails/flyers, data entry, behavior data observation, equipment and data management, and appointment coordination.
3.00 cumulative GPA
4-8 hours a week
At the second meeting of the semester, representatives from Encompass Home Health attended and talked about volunteer opportunities as a hospice worker. This is considered community service, so if you participate, you can get points to lower your dues. This can also be a great opportunity to add to your CV if you are planning on going to graduate school for counseling or social work. Volunteer opportunities include:
- providing companionship and socialization
- helping with general office support
- running errands with patients and families
- playing games, reading and listening to music with patients
- walking and caring for family pets
- assisting with light house cleaning
- creating photo albums of patients and their families
- writing a journal or life story with patients, to give to their families
For more information, please contact Encompass’ Volunteer Coordinator, Jonathan Mook at 713.476.0270 or email@example.com
Don’t forget, the bake sale is today! If you’d like to donate, here’s the list of what to bring:
- Red & pink balloons
- Breakfast tacos
- Frosted cupcakes (love/heart themed)
- Frosted cookies (love/heart themed)
- Cake pops (love/heart themed)
- Water & soft drinks